Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Boy was sick this week.  At first he started out with a fever and a cough, not enough to worry.  By day 2 his fever topped 104° and I began to freak out.  104° is the magic Mommy freak out temp, by the way.  the temp dropped within a couple of hours and I thought that maybe he had broken and was on the mend, but no.  The 3rd day saw temps at 105°.  I dropped his happy butt into a cold bath and called his old pediatrician.  The rather snippy woman on the phone informed me that he was fine, not to worry, and that he was too old for a pediatrician.  I took him to the doc-in-the-box the next morning.  Turns out he has PNEUMONIA.  Never trust the snippy, wish I was a real nurse, but instead I'm just a medical office type receptionist beyotch, always always trust your gut.  Especially when it comes to Mom junk.  You know your kids better than any one.

So anyway he's back in school, and I'm back in business.

I posted a few pieces on an art site, see here:  http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/c/cristy0921/

Totally check it out!  I'm so proud of myself.  I've given away, sold and lost so many pieces over the years, I'm really glad to finally be trying to do something with my passion.  I hope you like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment